(1) French gardens are basically planar graphics in two dimensions. There is a sense of flat spreading. Its location is more flexible. There are many successful works in French gardens, such as the swamp and other adverse terrain, transformed into a beautiful landscape.
(2) French gardens are good at making use of wide roads to form a complete line. In addition, they also adopt the method of setting canals to construct unprecedented grand landscape.
(3) In the plane composition of French gardens, the axis symmetry of Italian gardens is adopted. The main axis extends along a straight line from the building, and other parts are arranged symmetrically around the axis. Garden form to express the imperial supremacy of the theme.
(4) In the composition, the mansion occupies the central position and plays the role of controlling the whole garden. It is usually built on a commanding height, and the planning of the garden is subordinate to the building.
(5) The composition of the garden itself also reflects the hierarchy. The central axis running through the whole garden is decorated with the most beautiful flower beds, statues and fountains. The whole garden is a clear, orderly, master-slave clear, simple and lively, solemn and elegant geometric grid.
(6) The characteristics of artificial works is fully reflected. The pursuit of space infinity, broad and broad and extroversion. Large, flat grounds are required (as an open-air living room for the mansion, also associated with the pursuit of grandeur) and French gardens
(7) Hedges and hedgerows mark the border between flower beds and the jungle. Thickness is often 015-016 meters, regular form, and parallel to each other. Hedgerows range in height from 1 m short to 10 m high. Hedgerows are generally planted close enough that pedestrians are not allowed to cross them and special entrances and exits are provided. The common tree species in hedges are boxwood, yew, rice heart tree, etc. Jungle usually refers to a square tree planting area, which is divided into “bowling alley”, “combination jungle”, “star jungle” and “V jungle”. The bowling alley is a lawn in the middle of a bush with a fountain in the middle. The lawn is surrounded only by trees, fences, water trays and no other decorations. Both the composite jungle and the star jungle have small round Spaces. A “V jungle” is a lawn planted with five trees in a V shape.
(8) Waterscape treatment: fountains and aqueducts. French garden
French gardens attach great importance to water, and consider water as an indispensable element of garden construction. Ingenious planning of waterscape, especially making good use of running water, is an effective means to show the vitality of the garden.
Fountain design schemes in French gardens are various, some of them are based on ancient Greek and Roman mythology, some are based on the motif of animal and plant decoration, most of them have a specific meaning, and can coordinate with the whole garden layout. The main purpose of the canal is to create open views and beautiful landscapes, while providing a place of play for the owners of the garden. People can take a beautiful boat to swim in the canal, listen to the moving water music, and enjoy the glorious gardens and palaces around. At the garden party, people will also set off colorful fireworks, so that the gorgeous colors reflected in the water, creating a mythical atmosphere.
(9) Flowerbeds there are six types of flowerbeds designed by le notre, namely, “embroidered flowerbeds”, “combined flowerbeds”, “English flowerbeds”, “divided flowerbeds”, “orange flowerbeds” and “water flowerbeds”.
“Embroidered flower beds” are trees such as the yellow poplar planted in rows to form embroidered patterns, which are the most beautiful among all kinds of flower beds. This kind of bed is often planted with flowers and lawns.
“Combined flower bed” is a flower bed composed of four symmetrical parts: vortex pattern planting area, lawn, knot flower planting area and flower planting area.
“British type flowerbed” it is a meadow or the meadow that via clip takes shape, all round apportion has 015-016 meters wide footpath, the outside side encircles again the plant belt that forms with flowers, the form is more common.
The “zoned bed” is unusual in that it consists entirely of symmetrical boxwood trees without any lawn or embroidery.
Orange beds are similar to English beds, but are filled with orange trees and other shrubs.
“Water flower bed” is a flower bed formed by the concentration of spring water flowing through lawns, trees and flower beds.
(10) Lattice wall although the design of lattice wall has a long history, it is only in French gardens that the rough wooden lattice wall in the middle ages was transformed into exquisite garden buildings and introduced into the courtyard. Garden lattice wall has become a very popular garden element, which is widely used and made by full-time craftsmen. It is used in the arbour, the living room, the gate, the corridor and all other architectural structures in the garden. Lattice wall is not only cheap, and easy to make, with the advantages of stone can not be compared.
(11) Sculptures in French gardens can be roughly divided into two categories: one is the imitation of ancient Greek and Roman sculpture; Second, innovation on the basis of a certain genre. Most of the latter have distinct personalities and strong artistic appeal.